SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada.
Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day.
Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living, we are passionate about your well-being.
Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, one of Canada’s fastest growing Real Estate companies that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
Director of Recreation
The Recreation Aide assists in the planning, organization, and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents, in collaboration with the Director of Recreation & Executive Director;
- Assists with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation, charting;
- Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families, volunteers and staff of other departments, keeping them informed of current and upcoming events;
- Attends in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in the total care of the elderly;
- Participates in team meetings to plan programs with residents’ interest in mind;
- Facilitating residents to scheduled and pre-arranged outings;
- Assisting with assessment of individual resident activity levels;
- Preparing, carrying out and evaluating daily activities;
- Assisting with meal services as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Gerontology or equivalent is required;
- Previous experience working with seniors;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly;
- Valid provincial driver’s license to transport residents by van (i.e.: Class 4; Class F)
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.