SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Marlin Spring, a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential real estate throughout North America has established Spring Living as a senior living division which owns and operates a large portfolio of retirement residences in Canada.
With a growing portfolio of retirement residences throughout Ontario, Spring Living is committed to providing high quality living experiences for its residents and creating a rewarding, caring culture that values the contribution of every employee.
Spring Living presents a unique opportunity to join a growing team of sector leaders to make a significant contribution in creating a unique service-offering for residents and a rewarding quality of work life and career for employees.
Food Services Manager / Food and Beverage Manager
Using production checks and standardized recipes, the Cook is responsible for ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time to residents and guests. The Cook also ensures work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition and assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Spring Living’s vision, mission and values statements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met.
- Ensures residents are satisfied with all aspects of food preparation and presentation.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager.
- Provides direction and support to the Food Services/Food and Beverage staff.
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members.
Budget & Financial:
- Tracks food inventory and takes the appropriate steps to minimize waste.
Marketing & Occupancy:
- Prepares and presents meals and food for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Complies with all food preparation standards and health and safety requirements.
- Performs audits, and reports anomalies in accordance with established policies, procedures and licensing regulations.
- Conducts duties in accordance with Spring Level policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES CONT’D.
Operational & Administrative Systems:
- Ensures that meals are prepared according to standardized menu, in adequate portions, served on time and at the proper temperature.
- Orders and receives food and supplies.
- Orders and prepares food for booked catering events.
- Operates and cleans food production equipment and food preparation areas.
- May be responsible for the Food Services Department/Food and Beverage Department in the absence of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a volume food preparation environment in the health care or hospitality industry.
- Preferred Red Seal or current equivalent qualifications as a Cook from a recognized cooking program.
- Food Safe Certificates I and II considered an asset.
- First Aid Certification considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of special diets.
- Understanding and experience of the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program and food safety plan.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to operate related equipment.
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Customer service orientation.
- Work involves standing for extended periods of time, lifting and carrying heavy trays and items.
- Fingers and manual dexterity is necessary to handle instruments.
- Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or residence policy.
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
- Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check required.
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.