SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
*ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!!*
Spring Living Retirement Communities (springliving.ca) owns and operates 14 retirement communities in Ontario and Quebec and has an ambitious strategy to continue to grow the portfolio through acquisition of mid-market retirement residences across Canada over the next 3-5 years. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant IMPACT every day. Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
Food Services Manager / Food and Beverage Manager
Using production checks and standardized recipes, the Cook is responsible for ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time to residents and guests. The Cook also ensures work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition and assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Spring Living’s vision, mission and values statements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met.
- Ensures residents are satisfied with all aspects of food preparation and presentation.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager.
- Provides direction and support to the Food Services/Food and Beverage staff.
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members.
Budget & Financial:
- Tracks food inventory and takes the appropriate steps to minimize waste.
Marketing & Occupancy:
- Prepares and presents meals and food for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Complies with all food preparation standards and health and safety requirements.
- Performs audits, and reports anomalies in accordance with established policies, procedures and licensing regulations.
- Conducts duties in accordance with Spring Level policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES CONT’D.
Operational & Administrative Systems:
- Ensures that meals are prepared according to standardized menu, in adequate portions, served on time and at the proper temperature.
- Orders and receives food and supplies.
- Orders and prepares food for booked catering events.
- Operates and cleans food production equipment and food preparation areas.
- May be responsible for the Food Services Department/Food and Beverage Department in the absence of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a volume food preparation environment in the health care or hospitality industry.
- Preferred Red Seal or current equivalent qualifications as a Cook from a recognized cooking program.
- Food Safe Certificates I and II considered an asset.
- First Aid Certification considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of special diets.
- Understanding and experience of the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program and food safety plan.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to operate related equipment.
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Customer service orientation.
- Work involves standing for extended periods of time, lifting and carrying heavy trays and items.
- Fingers and manual dexterity is necessary to handle instruments.
- Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or residence policy.
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
- Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check required.
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Statement of Commitment- Spring Living is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- Added to careers SL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation (including but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternative format documents, ASL Interpreter or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know