SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
*ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!!*
Spring Living Retirement Communities (springliving.ca) owns and operates 14 retirement communities in Ontario and Quebec and has an ambitious strategy to continue to grow the portfolio through acquisition of mid-market retirement residences across Canada over the next 3-5 years. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant IMPACT every day. Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
- Director of Culinary Services / Manager of Food Services
- The Dietary Aide provides support to the set-up, preparation, serving and clean up associated with all meal services in the Residence/Home. The incumbent lends a helping hand and cultivates relationships with staff, residents, and families
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- Assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.
- Set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required;
- Assist with cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required
- Assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events
- Assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees
- Follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures
- Comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures
- Aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- Attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- Attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Program
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Spring Living’s Code of Conduct
- Complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler’s Certificate
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift.
- Statement of Commitment- Spring Living is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- Added to careers SL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation (including but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternative format documents, ASL Interpreter or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know