Spring Living Overview:
Marlin Spring, a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential real estate throughout North America has established Spring Living as a senior living division which owns and operates a large portfolio of retirement residences in Canada.
With a growing portfolio of retirement residences throughout Ontario, Spring Living is committed to providing high quality living experiences for its residents and creating a rewarding, caring culture that values the contribution of every employee.
Spring Living presents a unique opportunity to join a growing team of sector leaders to make a significant contribution in creating a unique service-offering for residents and a rewarding quality of work life and career for employees.
The Dietary Aide provides support to the set-up, preparation, serving and clean up associated with all meal services in the Residence/Home. The incumbent lends a helping hand and cultivates relationships with staff, residents, and families.
The Housekeeping Aide provides support for housekeeping duties to ensure the residence is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Spring Level’s vision, mission and value statements.
Roles and Responsibilities – Dietary Aide:
- Serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- Assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.
- Set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required;
- Assist with cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required
- Assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events
- Assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees
- Follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures
- Comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures
- Aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- Attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- Attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Program
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Spring Living’s Code of Conduct
- Complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler’s Certificate
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).