SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living Retirement Communities (springliving.ca) owns and operates 14 retirement communities in Ontario and Quebec and has an ambitious strategy to continue to grow the portfolio through acquisition of mid-market retirement residences across Canada over the next 3-5 years. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant IMPACT every day. Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
This position reports to the company’s Senior Director, People. And oversees the day to day Payroll and HR admin functions at two retirement communities in Fonthill and Port Colborne. This role supports the leadership teams on site and works with the Corporate Payroll and HR team to ensure payroll and HR records are accurate and timely.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining up-to-date, accurate employee records in our HR systems for payroll and benefits
- Enroll and Terminate members in GRSP and Benefits plans as required.
- Reconciliation of Manulife billing statement to payroll register
- Timely remittance of pension monies to the GRSP portal
- Timely remittance of union dues
- Provide subject matter expert support to onsite staff and leaders for ADP (biometric enrolment, validation of timecard entry by leaders)
- Managing and administering annual bonus payouts, salary changes wage progressions, bank payouts for communities
- Management of time off for the communities which includes training of Time off modules, quarterly reviews for time banks, year end forecast of annual entitlements (validation and testing to ensure time off banks are accurate at all times and monitoring for accurate time off balances)
- Review paperwork for Hire and terminations for completeness and accuracy before handover for payroll entry
- Review payroll hours approved by on site managers for reasonableness.
- Reporting for hours worked, absences, seniority reporting and posting as required by our union
- Assist HR/Payroll Manager with year end reconciliation and T4
- Create and build reports in ADP to facilitate payroll validation, business requests for information and auditor requests
- Conduct investigations in tandem with the Sr Director, People and management on an as needed basis
- Develop and advertise accurate job descriptions, screen candidates, conduct reference/background checks and present job offers
- Maintain and update company and HR policies
- Help to facilitate employee performance evaluation regularly
- Assist with various HR projects, programs, initiatives, and other assigned duties –as needed basis
- Post-secondary education in related field and three (3) to five (5) years HR or Payroll experience
- A broad knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources role and payroll responsibility.
- Good knowledge and skills in computerized software packages and programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation (e.g. Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, HRS system, etc.).
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to multi-task and prioritize work items.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication and interpersonal skills to respond to a variety of inquiries, both verbally and in writing.
- Rock solid ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- All newly hired employees are required to provide valid COVID Vaccine dosage receipts, as a pre-condition to employment.
Previous experience in the following highly preferred:
- processing payroll experience ADP preferred
- Ministry of Labour
- Collective Agreements
- Manulife Benefits including managing the EI claims & Weekly Indemnity processes and Functional Ability Forms, work-hardening programs and restricted work related returns
- Leave of Absences, including maternity leaves, sick leaves, and palliative care related leaves
- Group RRSP
- Recruitment and selection
Required Behavioural Competencies
- Professionalism/Work Ethic/Confidentiality
- Interpersonal Communication
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Adaptability to handle new responsibilities as our business develops
- Statement of Commitment- Spring Living is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- Added to careers SL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation (including but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternative format documents, ASL Interpreter or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Niagara Falls, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)