SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada.
Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day.
Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living, we are passionate about your well-being.
Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, one of Canada’s fastest growing Real Estate companies that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB OVERVIEW
VP of Operations
The Director of Administrative Service/ Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation of the retirement residence including resident care, programs, services, environmental coordination and fiscal performance. Creates and operates a retirement residence where the residents enjoy a lifestyle and quality of life exceeding their expectations. Maintains a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other Team Members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Spring Living’s vision, mission and values statements. The Director of Administrative Services/Executive Director is responsible for providing site administrative support in the areas of accounts receivables, accounts payables employee time and attendance tracking and scheduling, and payroll & benefits administrative procedures.
The incumbent achieves AP/AR goals as set out by Spring Living to ensure timely payment and processing. Invoices are paid on time and records are accurately maintained and administrative processes are met in compliance with internal and regulatory compliance standards. He or she also effectively manages the scheduling system. Employee pay codes are accurately managed and ensures privacy and confidentiality of resident and employee records and files. Residents are satisfied with administrative processes and general communication (team goal).
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for ensuring a safe, secure environment for all residents. Complies with all levels of legislation.
· Oversees all aspects of operational programs to ensure that the programs and property consistently meet Spring Living’s expectations for a successful and profitable retirement residence, while ensuring the well-being and comfort of residents’ remains of prime importance.
· Ensures quality care and services are provided to residents. Monitors quality of care and services, reporting, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating remedial action and improvement plans (as required).
· Ensures the provision of meals for all residents utilizing the food plan provided. Ensures all Public Health regulations are maintained in relation to food storage, handling and preparation.
· Ensures the planning, implementation and evaluation of a recreation program to meet the identified needs of the residents.
· Responds to resident or family members concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the VP of Operations.
· Develops creative and innovative programs and policies for the recruitment and retention of all categories of Team Member. Plans, implements and evaluates orientation and education programs for all Team Member. Provides leadership and motivation to ensure Team Members works to meet the goals of the residence while enjoying job satisfaction.
· Represents Management at regular council meetings as required, reviews minutes, responds to requests.
· Duty Manager rotation
· Standardized Management team meetings
· Employee Engagement action plans
· Selects, trains, develops, engages and manages performance of all direct reports (where applicable)
· Upholds and promotes the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Spring Living’s Code of Conduct
Budget & Financial:
· Assists with the preparation of the operating and capital budgets and receives budget approval from Corporate Office. Prepares monthly variance report, and submits with financial paperwork to Corporate Office for review.
· Ensures duties and functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient, accurate and timely manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures
· Ensures bi-weekly payroll, and payroll variance reports are entered in the system for management and non-unionized staff in the site and forwarded to appropriate manager. (Executive Director/Regional Coordinator)
· Works closely with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to reduce the amount of receivables at the site
· Oversee invoice and payment tracking
· Maintains resident and employee records and prepare reports as required
· Oversees the billing system and the maintenance of the resident trust accounts
· Adheres to budget and salary administration policies and practices for all Team Members. Reports salary changes to the Payroll Department as required.
· Implements, evaluates and controls payroll information practices for the residence ensuring that policies are administered fairly and interpreted correctly by all Team Member.
· Implements, controls and evaluates Petty Cash funds for the residence. Maintains records as per Company policy and procedure and submits petty cash vouchers to Corporate Office on a monthly basis.
· Provides Corporate Office with required documents on a timely basis, including reports or letters with any municipal officials (e.g. health inspections, fire reports, RHRA, building inspections or any matter as deemed the responsibility of the parent company).
· Responsible for residence and equipment maintenance, including evaluating plans, organizing and controlling repair and replacement requirements. Ensures all capital purchases are budgeted and approved by the VP of Operations.
Marketing & Occupancy:
· Responsible for the implementation of corporate sales programs to attract and retain residents
· Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
· Works with the Director of Sales on strategic sales plans and Business Integration.
· Conducts duties in accordance with Spring Living policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
· Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other Team Members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations. Submits required reports to the Joint Health & Safety Committee, Team Member, managers, and Corporate Office on a regular basis.
· Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information.
Operational & Administrative Systems:
· Plans, organizes, implements, controls and evaluates Team Member schedules for the residence. Reports the number of paid Team Member hours to Corporate Office on a weekly basis. Reports changes and/or problems with scheduling.
· Develops interview skills to ensure acceptable interviewing and hiring practices. Obtains senior management approval prior to hiring managers and ensures that all Team Member receives exit interviews.
· Acts as a counselor to Team Member in the area of human resources and reports any difficulties to the VP Operations and Director of People
· Plans, organizes and implements performance appraisals for all residence Team Member (annually or as required). Assists Team Members in performance and career development activities including, goal setting and skill development.
· Understands policies, procedures and legislation relating to Team Member disciplinary matters within the residence. Is familiar with the terms of the collective agreements (if applicable) and has primary responsibility employee disciplinary actions.
· Reports all disciplinary actions, including suspensions and terminations, to the VP of Operations and Director of People.
· In conjunction with company-wide initiatives, plans, organizes, evaluates and controls the inventory of residence supplies and equipment. Ensures sufficient inventory levels are in place to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the residence.
· Ensures compliance with IPAC and infection control procedures.
· Responsible for all residence maintenance requirements. Consults with the Vice President, Operations for major repairs.
· Interprets and implements current policies and procedures. Participates in the development of residence-specific policies and procedures, and obtains Corporate Office approval prior to implementation.
· Actively pursues formal and informal continuing education for both the maintenance and upgrading of her/his professional and managerial confidence.
· Applies their knowledge of current relevant legislation to meet professional and managerial responsibilities.
· Demonstrates accountability for their actions.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Ensures that Health & Safety policies, practices, standards and legislated/regulated requirements are in place and always maintained
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS
· Certificate or Diploma in Business Accounting or Administration or equivalent in experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and common computer applications
· Knowledge and experience with Kronos and or Yardi operating systems is an asset
· Ability to interact with customers and residents on a regular basis
· Minimum of two years’ relevant experience in the retirement or hospitality industry.
· Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
· Experience in progressively responsible roles with demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, marketing and financial planning skills.
· Graduate of a post secondary certificate/diploma or degree program in nursing, social work, gerontology, hospitality or business.
· Demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal) and leadership skills.
· Self directed.
· Effective problem solver.
· Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or residence policy.
· Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
· Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check required.