Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day. Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living we are passionate about your well-being.
Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Effectively uses the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating to provide high quality nursing care to residents;
- Monitors the activities of Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Guest Attendants/ Health Care Aides/Personal Support Workers with respect to the direct care provided to residents;
- Ensures the resident and/or their family is involved (where appropriate) in decisions affecting their care;
- Establishes priorities based on individual residents’ needs, scheduled activities and adjusts these priorities and activities to manage unanticipated events;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Executive Director;
- Ensures residents receive the appropriate level of care to meet their needs;
- Monitors the well-being of residents who do not require care;
- Completes required paperwork for resident admissions and discharges, as well as, on-going documentation;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members;
- Promotes wellness;
- Participates in hiring and training of staff who work directly with residents;
- Communicates with families, physicians and external community health care agencies;
- Adheres to current legislative requirements, as well as, the approved policies and procedures of Spring Living Retirement Communities with respect to nursing care;
- Assumes responsibility for the safe administration and storage of medication. Delegates responsibility where appropriate;
- Maintains accurate charts for each resident;
- Refers, reports and records pertinent information related to the resident’s care to other health care team members;
- Co-ordinates and/or carries out the action plan related to the prescribed care plan;
- Communicates effectively with physicians, pharmacy and other professional care providers;
- Collaborates with other members of the care team in the planning, provision and evaluation of services;
- Provides required in-service training and orientation to new employees, under the guidance of the Executive Director;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of two years’ relevant leadership experience;
- RN or RPN/LPN with the College of Nurses in your province (must be a member in good standing);
- Experience in progressively responsible roles with demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent