SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
*ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!!*
SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living Retirement Communities (springliving.ca) owns and operates 14 retirement communities in Ontario and Quebec and has an ambitious strategy to continue to grow the portfolio through acquisition of mid-market retirement residences across Canada over the next 3-5 years. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant IMPACT every day. Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Environmental Services Manager.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Cleans resident suites upon move-out and prepares suites for new occupant.
- Conducts duties in accordance with Spring Level policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information
- Cleans and disinfects all common areas including dining room, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairways and other areas as directed.
- Cleans and disinfects resident suites including telephone, furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents, mirrors and windows.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machine.
- Vacuums and cleans/shampoos carpeted areas.
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area.
- Makes up beds and changes linen as required.
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed.
- Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition. May restock supplies.
- Reports any damaged or unusable furniture and fixtures.
- Performs laundry duties as required (sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and delivering clean linen and clothing).
- Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc. as required.
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the job including
- Work is performed indoors in well lighted, well ventilated areas. Exposed to heat, humidity and noise.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations (as per Spring Level policies and procedures).
- Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check required.
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift.
- Statement of Commitment- Spring Living is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- Added to careers SL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation (including but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternative format documents, ASL Interpreter or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know