SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Marlin Spring, a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential real estate throughout North America has established Spring Living as a senior living division which owns and operates a large portfolio of retirement residences in Canada.
With a growing portfolio of retirement residences throughout Ontario, Spring Living is committed to providing high quality living experiences for its residents and creating a rewarding, caring culture that values the contribution of every employee.
Spring Living presents a unique opportunity to join a growing team of sector leaders to make a significant contribution in creating a unique service-offering for residents and a rewarding quality of work life and career for employees.
Director of Environmental Services
The Laundry Worker is responsible for the collection, sorting, washing, repair and delivery of Resident’s laundry.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the collection and sorting of soiled personal clothing and linens and pre- treat stains as required;
- Load and unload washers and dryers ensuring that proper settings are used and that chemical supplies are at an appropriate level;
- Inspect soiled linens or personal laundry and complete any required repairs, e.g. rips, tears, buttons;
- Fold, segregate and stack linens and residents’ clothing and ironing as required;
- Deliver linens and clothing to appropriate areas;
- Adhere to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- Complete documentation as required according to facility policy/job routines;
- Be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- Attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- Attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Spring Living’s Code of Conduct;
- Complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge/experience in commercial laundry procedures and ability to meet physical requirements of the job
- Ability to follow instructions and provide feedback on a day to day basis
- Must be familiar with standard sewing and mending techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper linen care and stain removal
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift.