SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada.
Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day.
Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living, we are passionate about your well-being.
Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, one of Canada’s fastest growing Real Estate companies that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
The Maintenance Aide is responsible for the general maintenance, servicing and repair operations to maintain the residence, equipment, furnishings, fixtures and the surrounding grounds in proper condition.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements a weekly, monthly and annual schedule of preventative maintenance activities to ensure the residence and equipment are safe and in good working order; Logs all work and ensures resident safety
- Performs minor building, electrical, plumbing and equipment repair services to ensure the optimum functioning of the residence and equipment;
- Organizes weekly work orders and performs weekly repairs for residents
- Ensures that all units are prepared and ready for occupancy by working with third party contractors on suite completion.
- Identifies and investigates residence deficiencies and equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action;
- Ensure that installed equipment is maintained in working order or returned to service as quickly as reasonably possible
- Inspect all work areas and essential equipment as part of ongoing safety and fire protection program to ensure safety standards are maintained, clean and sanitary and equipment is in safe working order
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner;
Risk and Safety
- Schedules and conducts regular preventative maintenance activities;
- Adheres to RHRA regulations
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports/takes corrective action to address actual or potentially hazardous situations;
- know how to use and monitor specialized building automation systems, fire safety equipment, call boxes, emergency shut offs etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Demonstrated skills in light carpentry, building systems including-basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and emergency systems
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in the area of Environmental services
Knowledge and experience in aspects of housekeeping, laundry and maintenance preferred
Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
Knowledge and ability to operate all fire equipment;
Customer service oriented;
Demonstrates initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision;
Ability to perform required physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching, standing for extended periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting and carrying boxes, tools and equipment;
Must possess a valid provincial driver’s license and have access to a vehicle (may be required to possess a Class “F” driver’s license);
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift.