SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day. Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living we are passionate about your well-being.
Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
The incumbent ensures high levels of resident satisfaction with building condition and cleanliness (as measured by the Resident Satisfaction Survey) and also ensures that Health & Safety risks to employees, residents and the general public are minimized or eliminated. As well, maintains installed equipment in working order or returned to service as quickly as reasonably possible. The incumbent must ensure that capital spend and department budget meet or exceed guidelines while developing and maintaining an engaged workforce
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect all work areas and essential equipment as part of ongoing safety and fire protection program to ensure safety standards are maintained, clean and sanitary and equipment is in safe working order
- Know how to use and monitor specialized building automation systems, fire safety equipment, call boxes, emergency shut offs etc.
- Establish and maintain preventative maintenance schedules for required equipment
- Promote culture and practices involved in line with environmental sustainability
- Maintain the facilities and ground in “showcase” condition at all times
- Manage the room refresh process to achieve maximum cost effectiveness and contribute to the achievement of occupancy targets
- Manage external vendor contracts with respect to service and cost
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Spring Living’s Code of Conduct
- Complete all other tasks as assigned
- 3-5 years of building maintenance experience
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.