SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day. Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living we are passionate about your well-being.
Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate private equity company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Property Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions and full cycle accounting for a portfolio of retirement residences.
ROLES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the full cycle of accounting for a portfolio of retirement residences.
- Provide support to the retirement sites Director of Administration including resident account ledger reconciliations, system questions and payables processing support.
- Prepare supporting schedules for monthly accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Responsible to ensure all invoices processed by the retirement residences in Yardi Payscan are correctly coded and distributed by the right approval workflow. Process corporate invoices for payment.
- Prepare standard monthly working paper files including key account reconciliations and detailed income statement actual variance analysis to budget.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual operational reporting packages for review.
- Prepare year-end working paper files and assist with year end audit requests.
- Assist with operating budget process with information requests from the Operations team.
- Support the Accounting Manager in providing accurate and timely financial and non-financial information requests to other departments in the group.
- Ad hoc as required.
KEY ATTRIBUTES OF THE POSITION:
- You are detailed orientated, process orientated, and responsible – not only do you learn quickly, but you can work effectively without close supervision.
- You like the idea of taking ownership for your function and you see yourself as a high performer.
- Deadline and results focused.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service mentality to support community-based AR/AP functions.
- University degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in real estate accounting.
- Working towards CPA designation preferred
- Advanced excel skills and familiarity with Yardi preferred.