SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada.
Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day.
Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living, we are passionate about your well-being.
Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, one of Canada’s fastest growing Real Estate companies that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Property Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions and full cycle accounting for a portfolio of retirement residences.
ROLES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the full cycle of accounting for a portfolio of retirement residences and ensure information is accurate
- Responsible for accounts receivable
- Responsible for accounts payable. Review accounts payable invoices and coding, as well as recurring invoices. Prepare payment cycle for manager review
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and credit card reconciliations for multiple entities
- Complete monthly GL reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including a detailed variance analysis to budget
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual operational reporting packages for review meeting with the Director of Finance, VP of Operations and CEO
- Prepare year-end working paper files; provide auditors with back up, financial statements, and assist in audit
- Assist with budget process
- Submit HST returns on time; manage any CRA audit of the HST filings
- Review outsourced provider remittances for payroll and benefit calculations. Review remittances to WSIB, EHT and CRA
- Assist other departments by providing accurate financial and non-financial information with approval from the Director of Finance
- Ad hoc requests as needed
KEY ATTRIBUTES OF THE POSITION:
- Able to meet strict deadlines and thrive under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- University degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in real estate accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Familiarity with Yardi an asset
- Familiarity with seniors housing is preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent