SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living Retirement Communities (springliving.ca) owns and operates 14 retirement communities in Ontario and Quebec and has an ambitious strategy to continue to grow the portfolio through acquisition of mid-market retirement residences across Canada over the next 3-5 years. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant IMPACT every day. Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
The Personal Support Worker provides high quality personal care and other services to Assisted Living Neighborhood residents with physical and cognitive limitations. Using the Person-Centered Care approach, the Personal Support Worker works collaboratively with residents, their family members and the care team to deliver highly individualized care based on each resident’s unique needs. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Spring Living’s vision, mission and values statements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using the person-centered care philosophy, collaborates with residents to provide care and services.
- `Partners with residents and works with them to complete all activities of daily living including care, dining, life enrichment, housekeeping and laundry.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Assisted Living Manager.
- Conducts duties in accordance with Spring Living policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information.
Operational & Administrative Systems:
- Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required.
- Provides, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines.
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines.
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines.
- Provides support to life enrichment and activities in accordance with established work routines.
- Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Previous work experience in providing personal care services.
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors.
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Must be able to operate related equipment.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Work is performed indoors in well lighted, well ventilated areas.
- Work requires standing for long periods of time, lifting and carrying heavy items.
- Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or residence policy.
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
- Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check required.
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Statement of Commitment- Spring Living is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- Added to careers SL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation (including but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternative format documents, ASL Interpreter or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know