SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Marlin Spring, a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential real estate throughout North America has established Spring Living as a senior living division which owns and operates a large portfolio of retirement residences in Canada.
With a growing portfolio of retirement residences throughout Ontario, Spring Living is committed to providing high quality living experiences for its residents and creating a rewarding, caring culture that values the contribution of every employee.
Spring Living presents a unique opportunity to join a growing team of sector leaders to make a significant contribution in creating a unique service-offering for residents and a rewarding quality of work life and career for employees.
• Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents, in collaboration with the Executive Director;
• Assists with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation, charting;
• Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families, volunteers and staff of other departments, keeping them informed of current and upcoming events;
• Attends in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in the total care of the elderly;
• Participates in team meetings to plan programs with residents’ interest in mind;
• Facilitating residents to scheduled and pre-arranged outings;
• Assisting with assessment of individual resident activity levels;
• Preparing, carrying out and evaluating daily activities;
• Assisting with meal services as required;
• Other duties as assigned.
• College diploma in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Gerontology or equivalent is required;
• Previous experience working with seniors;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly;
• Valid provincial driver’s license to transport residents by van (i.e.: Class 4; Class F).
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Job Type: Permanent
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,891.00-$60,998.00 per year