SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
**ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!!** Evening Position
Marlin Spring, a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential real estate throughout North America has established Spring Living as a senior living division which owns and operates a large portfolio of retirement residences in Canada.
With a growing portfolio of retirement residences throughout Ontario, Spring Living is committed to providing high quality living experiences for its residents and creating a rewarding, caring culture that values the contribution of every employee.
Spring Living presents a unique opportunity to join a growing team of sector leaders to make a significant contribution in creating a unique service-offering for residents and a rewarding quality of work life and career for employees.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete and ensure resident’s clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- Implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required;
- Work closely with the Director of Health & Wellness to facilitate resident’s move in, move out and transfers;
- Provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Spring Living Resident Care standards and policies and procedures;
- Process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Spring Living policies and procedures;
- Facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- Plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident’s care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers;
- Coordinate nursing team’s resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- Respond to and manage significant changes in resident’s condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- Teach, delegate to, and direct unregulated care providers;
- Coordinate emergency response in the absence of Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director;
- Follow and assist the Director of Health & Wellness in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control, Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Spring Living’s Code of Conduct;
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in applicable Province/State;
- Experience working in a senior’s environment and with unregulated care providers preferred;
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills;
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge;
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required;
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft office applications.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
- 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations with proof