SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
**ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!!**
Marlin Spring, a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential real estate throughout North America has established Spring Living as a senior living division which owns and operates a large portfolio of retirement residences in Canada.
With a growing portfolio of retirement residences throughout Ontario, Spring Living is committed to providing high quality living experiences for its residents and creating a rewarding, caring culture that values the contribution of every employee.
Spring Living presents a unique opportunity to join a growing team of sector leaders to make a significant contribution in creating a unique service-offering for residents and a rewarding quality of work life and career for employees.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Maintenance Manager.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Cleans resident suites upon move-out and prepares suites for new occupant.
- Conducts duties in accordance with Spring Level policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information
- Cleans and disinfects all common areas including dining room, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairways and other areas as directed.
- Cleans and disinfects resident suites including telephone, furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents, mirrors and windows.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machine.
- Vacuums and cleans/shampoos carpeted areas.
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area.
- Makes up beds and changes linen as required.
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed.
- Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition. May restock supplies.
- Reports any damaged or unusable furniture and fixtures.
- Performs laundry duties as required (sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and delivering clean linen and clothing).
- Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc. as required.
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the job including
- Work is performed indoors in well lighted, well ventilated areas. Exposed to heat, humidity and noise.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations (as per Spring Level policies and procedures).
- Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check required.
- ** Signing bonus details will be provided during the interview stages
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift.