**ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!!**
SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living Retirement Communities (springliving.ca) owns and operates 14 retirement communities in Ontario and Quebec and has an ambitious strategy to continue to grow the portfolio through acquisition of mid-market retirement residences across Canada over the next 3-5 years. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant IMPACT every day. Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
Director of Health and Wellness
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as a member of the inter-professional team as described by Spring Living’s Professional Practice Model applying the person-centred approach to care;
- Complete and ensure resident’s clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- Implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required;
- Assist with scheduling of resident’s care conferences and participate in conferences where applicable;
- Work closely with the Director of Health & Wellness to facilitate resident’s move in, move out and transfers;
- Provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Spring Living Resident Care standards and policies and procedures;
- Process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Spring Living policies and procedures;
- Facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- Plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident’s care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers;
- Coordinate nursing team’s resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- Respond to and manage significant changes in resident’s condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- Teach, delegate to, and direct unregulated care providers;
- Coordinate emergency response in the absence of Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director;
- Respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director and other departments;
- Follow and assist the Director of Health & Wellness in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control, Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Spring Living’s Code of Conduct;
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in applicable Province/State;
- Experience working in a senior’s environment and with unregulated care providers preferred;
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills;
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge;
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required;
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft office applications.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
** Signing bonus details will be provided during the interview stages
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift.
- Statement of Commitment- Spring Living is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- Added to careers SL is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation (including but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternative format documents, ASL Interpreter or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract