SPRING LIVING OVERVIEW
Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada.
Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day.
Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living, we are passionate about your well-being.
Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, one of Canada’s fastest growing Real Estate companies that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Passionate about making a difference in a senior’s life? Want to experience sales in a continuum of care community? Join our collaborative team to drive and lead sales strategies to increase occupancy and revenue in our beautiful community located in Bells Corner, Nepean.
Using active listening, personal discovery and relationship building skills, you will provide personal consultation to create a vision of a life style that will benefit seniors in assisting and meeting their needs.
This role will work with the Executive Director and Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing in focusing on occupancy and revenue targets.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for sales and leasing of retirement suites in assigned community offering Independent Supportive Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care
- Leverages Spring Living’s consultative sales process to help seniors and adult children make informed decisions when choosing a retirement residence. Successfully executes the Spring Living sales process.
- Manages telephone inquiries with a discovery approach to encourage and convert to personal visit bookings.
- Conduct personal visits to understand, bring value, and create valuable next steps in the sales process
- Executes creative follow-up efforts, and conducting tours to meet and exceed occupancy goals.
- Works directly with the present data base to determine next steps in the sales process to encourage personalized visits, and subsequent lease signings
- Using active listening, personal discovery and relationship building skills, you will provide personalized consultation to deliver a vision of our lifestyle that will benefit in assisting seniors in meeting their needs.
- Takes sales calls and emails, and follows up with prospects, consistently overcoming objections, leading them through the sales process, and closing sales.
- Works with the Executive Director and Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing to meet or exceed budgeted sales occupancy targets.
- Tracks sales activity in CRM database and analyzes reports to identify sales trends specific to the community and residence.
- Drives referrals and traffic. Creates, retains and grows a portfolio of strategic networking partnerships with the local healthcare community and within the community at large. Builds a qualified lead database through effective community outreach
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community influencers to promote and encourage referral-based traffic.
- Develops, promotes and implements marketing plans to ensure optimal occupancy is achieved in the residence.
- Build brand awareness with current residents and prospects
- Researches and maintains competitive analysis.
- As an integral member of the leadership team, participates in strategic planning, decision-making and development/execution of the leasing strategy for assigned communities
- Previous sales experience in retirement or seniors living
- Experience in generating sales relationships.
- Experience in marketing and/or customer service.
- Experience working with seniors.
- Post-secondary education in a related field is considered an asset.
- Strong prospecting and closing skills.
- Ability to successfully follow an established sales process, including closing sales transactions.
- Empathetic and caring interpersonal customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, network and promote services.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Results focused in a pro-active busy environment.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to gain knowledge of each community as assigned and surrounding areas.
- Computer literate with knowledge of related software programs.
- Must be available for flexible hours due to the requirement to respond to optimal periods of sales traffic.
- Valid provincial driver’s license required and access to a vehicle.
- Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or community policy.
- Criminal Records Check, vaccination status, and Vulnerable Persons Check required.
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.
Job Type: Full-time