Spring Living Overview:
Spring Living owns and operates retirement communities situated in established residential neighborhoods throughout Canada. Spring Living’s mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day. Spring Living’s vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential. At Spring Living we are passionate about your well-being. Spring Living is the Retirement Community platform of Marlin Spring, a Real Estate company that strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions assets throughout North America.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Analyst – Financial Reporting will be responsible for the output and analysis of operational and financial reporting, assist in preparation of annual operating budgets, and analyzing and underwriting new retirement community investor opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze monthly operational reports and data for strategic review by Executive Directors, Managers, Director of Finance, VP of Operations and CEO.
- Participate in monthly operations financial calls and provide support to community Executive Directors and Managers as required for variance analysis
- Prepare and analyze cash flow requirements on a daily and monthly forecast basis
- Responsible for designing and generating annual budgets (capex and operating) for the portfolio.
- Facilitate input and education to the Operations team to complete budgets.
- Responsible for quarterly reforecasting of budgets
- Assist other departments by providing accurate financial and operational information with approval from the Director of Finance
- Ad hoc requests as needed
- Work closely with the Property Accountant and Director of Finance to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual operational reporting packages for presentation to senior management.
- Prepare monthly presentation packages for Board of Directors including financial and operational information and KPI’s.
- Prepare quarterly investor reports including financial and qualitative updates
- Consult with Director of Finance and CEO on design and preparation of reports
- Evaluate performance and return on investments
- Develop and report on key performance indicators for the communities and the projects
- Identify revenue enhancing and value creation opportunities.
- Assist with acquisitions, dispositions, financing and other transactions and co-ordination of such due diligence activities as necessary
- Prepare presentations and present opportunities to various stakeholders (internal and external).
- Keep up to date with trends in the industry
- Able to meet strict deadlines and thrive under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with a team-oriented mindset
- Excellent decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- University degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel (macros, INDEX), Word, PowerPoint
- CPA designation required
- Familiarity with Yardi an asset
- Experience in seniors housing or real estate is an asset