**ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!!**
JOB SUMMARY: Overnight Positions available
As a valued member of the team, the Unregulated Care Partner demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with organization’s vision and mission.
The Unregulated Care Partner provides support with activities of daily living to residents including personal hygiene and basic care, observing and reporting any changes in residents’ status to the RPN/Wellness Nurse and/or the Director of Health and Wellness, and performs other transferred functions i.e. Unregulated administration to medically stable residents, as assigned. This role may also assist with dining service, recreation program support and common area housekeeping in varying locations.
The Unregulated Care Partner is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence
· Administers medication according to relevant legislative requirements and corporate policies and procedures.
· Reviews residents’ Support Plans and provides assistance where indicated, with all required activities of daily living, including but not limited to, bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, mobility, continence management, collecting and washing laundry, sorting and storing clean laundry.
· Monitors and documents residents’ vitals, weights, behavior, mobility, safety, involvement in activities as indicated on the Personalized Support Plan or any other changes and reports to appropriate Team Members.
· Escorts residents to social activity programs, appointments, dining room, etc.
· Promptly answers nursing call systems.
· Assists with move in, move-out and transfer of residents
· Participates in regular in-service training and continuing education programs.
· Assist with dietary needs
· Keeps the Director of Wellness promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
· Fosters effective communication and positive interpersonal relations with medical and allied team members, residents, families and team members in other departments;
· Facilitates calm reaction and resolution to problems that arise or emergency situation
· Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
· Ensures that own work is carried out in accordance with applicable environmental, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures and all other legislation, policies and procedures relevant to the work.
· High School Diploma and completion of an accredited Personal Support Worker program that meets legislative standards
· Unregulated Administration certification or willingness to complete upon hire
· First Aid and CPR certified as well as experience with Unregulated administration
· Six hundred (600) hours of related experience, including both class time and practical experience, preferably with clinical experience in a geriatric setting
· Courses in gerontology, aging or dementia are an asset
· Experience working with seniors and knowledge of the aging process.
· Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
Act upon your desire to help others, an aspiration that exists within all of us. Join Spring Living and help us to continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
In accordance with Spring Living’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.