Spring Living Overview
Marlin Spring, a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential real estate throughout North America has established Spring Living as a senior living division which owns and operates a large portfolio of retirement residences in Canada.
With a growing portfolio of retirement residences throughout Ontario, Spring Living is committed to providing high quality living experiences for its residents and creating a rewarding, caring culture that values the contribution of every employee.
Spring Living presents a unique opportunity to join a growing team of sector leaders to make a significant contribution in creating a unique service-offering for residents and a rewarding quality of work life and career for employees.
The Director of Administrative Services is responsible for providing site administrative support in the areas of accounts receivables, accounts payables employee time and attendance tracking and scheduling, and payroll & benefits administrative procedures.
The incumbent achieves AP/AR goals as set out by Spring Living to ensure timely payment and processing. Invoices are paid on time and records are accurately maintained and administrative processes are met in compliance with internal and regulatory compliance standards. He or she also effectively manages the scheduling system. Employee pay codes are accurately managed and ensures privacy and confidentiality of resident and employee records and files. Residents are satisfied with administrative processes and general communication (team goal).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures duties and functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient, accurate and timely manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Ensures bi-weekly payroll, and payroll variance reports are entered in the system for management and non-unionized staff in the site and forwarded to appropriate manager. (Executive Director/Regional Coordinator)
- Works closely with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to reduce the amount of receivables at the site
- Oversee invoice and payment tracking
- Maintains resident and employee records and prepare reports as required
- Oversees the billing system and the maintenance of the resident trust accounts
- Ensures that Health & Safety policies, practices, standards and legislated/regulated requirements are in place and always maintained
- Selects, trains, develops, engages and manages performance of all direct reports (where applicable)
- Assists in Duty Manager rotation
- Attends all Management team meetings
- Assists in Employee Engagement action plans
- Upholds and promotes the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Spring Living’s Code of Conduct
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Certificate or Diploma in Business Accounting or Administration or equivalent in experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and common computer applications
- Knowledge and experience with EmPath, Kronos and or Yardi operating systems is an asset
- Ability to interact with customers and residents on a regular basis